Board of Zoning
The Board of Adjustments is an advisory board composed of five (5) voting members and one (1) alternate member appointed by City Council to serve a three (3) year term. Any citizen located within the City of Superior’s one (1) mile extraterritorial jurisdiction is eligible to serve on the Board of Adjustments.
- To hear and decide appeals where it is alleged there is an error in any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative official or agency based on or made in the enforcement of any zoning regulation or any regulation relating to the location or soundness of structures.
- To hear and decide, in accordance with the provisions of this Ordinance, requests for interpretation of any map, or for decisions upon other special questions upon which the Board is authorized by this Ordinance to pass; and
- To grant variances, where by reason of exceptional narrowness, shallowness or shape of a specific piece of property at the time of enactment of this Ordinance, or by reason of exceptional topographic conditions or other extraordinary and exceptional situation or condition of such piece of property, the strict application of any regulation under this Ordinance would result in peculiar and exceptional practical difficulties to or exceptional and undue hardships upon the owner of such property, to authorize, upon an appeal relating to the property, a variance from such strict application so as to relieve such difficulties or hardship, if such relief may be granted without substantial detriment to the public good and without substantially impairing the intent and purpose of this Ordinance.
Current Planning Commission Members are:
- Elmer Rempe – Chairperson
- Jim Peterson – Vice Chairperson
- Carl Suchsland
- Cindy Thornton
- Judy Grove
- Tom Ostdiek (Alternate)
- Bob Tipton (Council Representative – nonvoting)
Meetings are generally held the 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
City/Utilities Office 135 West 4th Street Superior, NE 68978
Agendas & Minutes:
Agendas are available on Monday prior to all Planning Commission meetings. Minutes are available after they have been approved.
If there are any questions, please contact the Planning and Zoning Office at 402-879-4713.