Economic Development Director
The City of Superior is seeking a full-time employee for the position of Economic Development Director. The Director will be responsible for the development and implementation of the City’s economic development strategy. The primary goals of the position are business retention/expansion and new business recruitment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements short and long term economic goals for the community.
- Administers the City’s LB840 and REDLEG programs, including loan management and periodic reporting requirements.
- Assists with the development of community plans/studies and gathers information as needed for their development.
- Pursues potential new businesses, expansion of existing businesses, and transition planning of current businesses.
- Prepares marketing materials and information in response to requests.
- Maintains an inventory of available buildings, business and residential development sites within the community.
- Actively identifies and pursues additional sources of funding for City’s initiatives.
- Networks with local, regional and state industry professionals.
- Manages social media platforms.
- Maintain local website.
- Works in collaboration with the Superior Development Corporation (SDC) Board, the Superior City Council, and current staff on a variety of projects.
- Acts as a community liaison for community initiatives in collaboration with Superior Chamber of Commerce, etc.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree and/or comparable experience in economic development, city administration, city planning, business administration, hospitality or related is desired.
Desirable knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional written, verbal and financial skills are a must.
- Highly proficient in using social media, technology and computer and business software.
- Knowledgeable of economic development practices, LB840 guidelines and implementation.
- Able to work on major projects independently, maintaining confidentiality as needed.
- Team builder who works toward consensus, creative problem solver.
- Visionary leader, passionate for the job and the City. Skilled in goal setting and working to reach those goals. A team player in every sense of the word.
Application and job description are available at the city offices, 135 W 4th Street, Superior, NE 68978, 402-879-4713. Submit application and resume to Jan Diehl, City Clerk, PO Box 160, 135 W 4th St., Superior, Nebraska or fax 402-879-4907. Salary negotiable based on qualifications. Open until filled. Applications will begin being reviewed on October 21st. The City of Superior is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Police Officer - City of Superior
The City of Superior is accepting applications for a full-time Police Officer. Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen, 21 years of age, and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
Requirements: Nebraska Law Enforcement Certification is preferred but all applicants will be considered. Ability to meet the Nebraska Law Enforcement Training Center qualifications for certification. Ability to work various shifts including nights, holidays, and weekends. Valid Driver’s License with minimal traffic violations.
Benefit Package: Salary based on years of experience, health insurance, retirement options with incentives, paid vacation, sick leave, take home police vehicle and uniforms provided.
To apply contact, Jan Diehl, City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Superior is an Equal Opportunity Employer.