Where do I pay my utilities?

You can pay online or pay at the city office.

More Information

How do I volunteer?

We have many opportunities for volunteers. Please visit our Volunteer page for more information.

Where do I get an application for handicapped parking permit?

You may pick up an application for a handicapped parking permit at the City Clerk’s office.

I need to purchase a cemetery lot or find the location of the burial of a loved one in Evergreen Cemetery.

All records for the Evergreen Cemetery are kept in the City Clerk’s office and you may contact the City Clerk to purchase cemetery lots or locate burials.

Who do I contact about getting a burn permit?

You may get a burn permit from the Fire Chief but it is best to contact the City Clerk’s Office for the Chief.

When is the burn pit open and when is open burning allowed?

April thru September: Mondays / Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m

October thru November: Mondays / Wednesdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m

December thru March: 1st and 3rd Saturday from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m

Open burning is not allowed. 

Does my pet need a license?

Yes, dogs and cats need to be licensed. You can do so at the City Clerk’s office but you will need to show proof of rabies vaccination. Dogs and cats, by city ordinance, are not to run at large.

Where do I register to vote?

You register to vote at the County Clerk’s office at the court house in Nelson, Nebraska.

Do I need a permit to sell door to door or on the curb?

Yes, if you are selling items door to door or selling from the curb or street you do need an Itinerant Sales Permit from the City Clerk. Permit fees vary.